Expt: Determine Focal Length of a Convex Lens
To determine the focal length of a convex lens.
- Fix the convex lens in the holder and place it securely on
the optical bench.
- Switch on the light box.
- Move the screen (and the lens, if required) until you get
a sharp image of the illuminated cut-out in the light box.
- Record the different distances, namely the object distance
and the screen distance.
- Calculate the focal length of the convex lens from the given
- Repeat the experiment with a lens of different focal length.